Allentown
68° F
Light Rain
Light Rain

Woman rescued from roof of burning home

Published On: Feb 25 2014 11:55:48 AM CST
Fire scene - generic
BETHLEHEM, Pa. -

Officials in Bethlehem say a woman was rescued from a burning home Tuesday morning.

The fire broke out at 9:30 a.m. at a home at 909 Itaska Street.

Deputy Fire Chief Craig Bare says a woman who was inside the home able to make her way onto a porch roof where she was rescued by firefighters.

Bare says one firefighter suffered a leg injury, but no one else was hurt.

Bare says the fire was sparked by an electrical appliance on the second floor of the home.