What you need to know before starting archery
Thanks in part to the popularity of “The Hunger Games” book series and movies, more and more people are taking up archery.
According to the Outdoor Foundation, the number of Americans participating in archery has grown over the past year.
Before you head out and take on this new sport, consider these tips before you get started:
- Find a qualified instructor. According to USA Archery, there are numerous clubs and instructional programs offered around the country to teach people the fundamentals of the sport.
- Rent before you buy. Before making an investment in equipment before you’ve decided if archery is a sport you’re going to stick with, consider first renting equipment. This will also help you determine what kind of equipment you’d like to eventually purchase.
- Be patient with yourself. It may take a while before you’ve mastered archery and are hitting the center each time.
- Get your arms ready. Those with more upper body strength may find it easier to compete in archery.
- Practice! Just like any sport, the more you practice the better you’ll become.
Have fun! While it may be frustrating to watch arrow after arrow miss the target while you’re learning, try to have fun and keep perspective
Pennsylvania county has calculated DUIs wrongly
Woman rescued from car fire seeks person who saved her life
Firefighters make quick work of funeral home fire in Sinking Spring
Fallen pipeline worker rescued from trench, flown to hospital
Former Hamburg teachers' aide guilty in student sex case
Ford recalling more than 160,000 vehicles
Attorney wants seized $125K wine collection returned
3 children found locked in a car in Sands Casino parking lot
Student suspended for saying 'bless you' after sneeze
Child porn found on Ruscombmanor man's computer, detectives say