A fire ripped through four row-homes in Phillipsburg, Warren Co., N.J., on Wednesday.
It happened around 5:10 p.m. in the 500 block of South Main Street. Flames could be seen shooting out of one of the row homes.
Three people who were inside the homes managed to get out just in the nick of time.
One resident sprang into action when he saw smoke coming out of the third floor.
"I ran down the steps and I grabbed my other two roommates. and I tried to get them out of the house. By the time I got out of the house there was nothing but flames coming out of the second-story window," said David Horner. "I'm like devastated; we got nothing. We lost everything."
Firefighters braved the frigid temperatures and put the fire out in 30 minutes. There were no reports of any injuries.
Officials are trying to figure out what sparked the fire.