Where to park if you're on a snow emergency route
Updated On: Feb 14 2014 12:37:15 PM CST
Depending on where you live, the majority of people affected by a 'snow emergency' are the ones who live on a snow emergency route.
In Reading, all city parking garages are open and providing free parking. That will remain in effect until 10 a.m. Saturday, officials said.
Allentown officials have posted on more than a dozen streets throughout the city where residents won't be allowed to park in order to let snow plows do their job.
“We can't get those plows, a lot of them down those side streets, unless they move their vehicles,” said Mayor Ed Pawlowsk, D-Allentown.
Those streets are:
• Jordan St from Whitehall St to Turner St
• Green St from East of Meadow at the dead end to 12th St
• Cedar Street from 3rd St to 12th St
• Whitehall St from Meadow St to 8th St
• Penn St from Sumner Ave to Union St
• Lumber St from Whitehall St to Linden St
• Jefferson St from Carey St to Liberty St and Gordon St to MLK
• Madison St from Allen St to Winton St
• Franklin St from Early St to MLK
• Fulton St from Linden St to Elm St and Turner St to Washington St
• St Cloud St from Maple St to South St and Turner St to Chew St
• West St from Gordon St to South St
• St George St from Tilghman St to Liberty St and Chew St to Linden St
To help, Allentown is offering free parking in eight lots across the city at:
• Transportation Center , Sixth & Linden streets
• Northeast, 121-137 N. Seventh St.
• Germania, 108-126 S. Seventh St.
• Fountain, 923-933 Walnut St.
• Community lot, 13-37 S. Sixth St.
• Walnut @ 9th Deck, Corner of Ninth & Walnut streets
• Spiral Deck, 820 – 836 Linden St.
• “E” Lot, 226 N. Ninth St
Also, for the first time this winter people can park their cars at the Allentown Fairgrounds. Use the Eighth Gate entrance at the intersection of Liberty and Cloud streets.
In Bethlehem, residents can park at the North Street and Walnut Street garages, or at meters free of cost.
Easton has opened its Third Street garage but residents must move their vehicle by 5 p.m. on Friday.
Copyright 2014 WFMZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
State police: We have taken Eric Frein into custody
Police: Woman on bicycle struck, killed by hit-and-run driver
Captured Eric Frein appears before judge for first time
Residents watch Frein's capture at airport hangar
Police comb abandoned hangar where Frein was caught
Missing Hazleton boy found on Pacific island; father charged with kidnapping
Judge rejects Ebola quarantine for Maine nurse
Timeline: The hunt for Eric Frein
Teen wins $4M on lotto tickets given as birthday gift
Synthetic marijuana: Cause for concern in Berks