Surviving 'quit day' when quitting smoking
Getting through 'quit day' can be emotionally and physically challenging, especially if tobacco cravings strike. Use these tips to help get through quit-smoking day:
1. Don't smoke, not even 'just one.'
2. Begin using nicotine replacement therapy if you've chosen that method.
3. Remind yourself of reasons to quit smoking.
4. Keep physically active.
5. Avoid situations and people that trigger cravings.
6. Attend a support group, counseling session or stop-smoking class.
7. Practice stress management and relaxation techniques.
8. Keep your hands busy by texting, writing, squeezing a ball or knitting.
Teen bicyclist dies of injuries from crash with tractor trailer
7 alleged gang members charged with murder in deadly stabbing
Woman pedestrian killed after being hit by car in Allentown
Man ordered to trial in crash that killed East Penn CEO
Don't fall for this latest credit, debit card scam
Good Samaritan jumps into action after violent wreck on bypass
Teen on motorized bike hospitalized following accident with tractor trailer
Investigators look into deaths of couple's 3 other children
Peanut, almond butter recalled for salmonella risk
What's impact of 'Ice Bucket Challenge' on ALS?