Surviving 'quit day' when quitting smoking
Getting through 'quit day' can be emotionally and physically challenging, especially if tobacco cravings strike. Use these tips to help get through quit-smoking day:
1. Don't smoke, not even 'just one.'
2. Begin using nicotine replacement therapy if you've chosen that method.
3. Remind yourself of reasons to quit smoking.
4. Keep physically active.
5. Avoid situations and people that trigger cravings.
6. Attend a support group, counseling session or stop-smoking class.
7. Practice stress management and relaxation techniques.
8. Keep your hands busy by texting, writing, squeezing a ball or knitting.
Marijuana grow operation dismantled; hundreds of plants seized
State police to ambush suspect: 'We are coming for you'
Air Products announces major restructuring
Police respond to reports of alleged cop killer near ESU's campus
Ambush suspect ID'd, considered armed, 'extremely dangerous'
Schools close again because of alleged cop killer on the loose
Police, family search for missing Northampton teen
Who is Eric Frein?
School district cancels classes in area of search for ambush suspect
State police looking for man with rifle