Surviving 'quit day' when quitting smoking
Getting through 'quit day' can be emotionally and physically challenging, especially if tobacco cravings strike. Use these tips to help get through quit-smoking day:
1. Don't smoke, not even 'just one.'
2. Begin using nicotine replacement therapy if you've chosen that method.
3. Remind yourself of reasons to quit smoking.
4. Keep physically active.
5. Avoid situations and people that trigger cravings.
6. Attend a support group, counseling session or stop-smoking class.
7. Practice stress management and relaxation techniques.
8. Keep your hands busy by texting, writing, squeezing a ball or knitting.
Manhunt continues for accused cop killer Eric Frein
State police seen rushing back to Frein's neighborhood
Black bear kills hiker in northern New Jersey
Police: 4 children killed in crash were not in seatbelts or booster seats
Officials narrow search for accused cop killer Eric Frein
State police say they are hot on Eric Frein's Trail
Nearby restaurants pitch in to help first responders searching for Eric Frein
Fire rips through first story of home
Pocono Mountain reopens for first day since Frein ID'd as police shooting suspect
Police: Alleged cop killer Frein 'planned extensively'