Surviving 'quit day' when quitting smoking
Getting through 'quit day' can be emotionally and physically challenging, especially if tobacco cravings strike. Use these tips to help get through quit-smoking day:
1. Don't smoke, not even 'just one.'
2. Begin using nicotine replacement therapy if you've chosen that method.
3. Remind yourself of reasons to quit smoking.
4. Keep physically active.
5. Avoid situations and people that trigger cravings.
6. Attend a support group, counseling session or stop-smoking class.
7. Practice stress management and relaxation techniques.
8. Keep your hands busy by texting, writing, squeezing a ball or knitting.
State Police: We have taken Eric Frein into custody
Texas man charged in shooting death of Lower Macungie man
Teacher's aide charged in alleged driving rampage near school
Residents watch Frein's capture at airport hangar
Prosecutors will seek death penalty against Frein
Humane Society puts out urgent plea for donations
Fire destroys pizza shop on Main Street in Nazareth
Nurse refuses Ebola quarantine
Montgomery County monitors 1st travelers from West Africa
Life Lessons: Hidden health benefits of honey