Surviving 'quit day' when quitting smoking
Getting through 'quit day' can be emotionally and physically challenging, especially if tobacco cravings strike. Use these tips to help get through quit-smoking day:
1. Don't smoke, not even 'just one.'
2. Begin using nicotine replacement therapy if you've chosen that method.
3. Remind yourself of reasons to quit smoking.
4. Keep physically active.
5. Avoid situations and people that trigger cravings.
6. Attend a support group, counseling session or stop-smoking class.
7. Practice stress management and relaxation techniques.
8. Keep your hands busy by texting, writing, squeezing a ball or knitting.
DA: Missing Lehigh County woman found dead; stepfather charged
Gunman opens fire inside barbershop; 4 people shot
Customers stand by barbershop after shooting
Driver killed when car hits water treatment building
Black ice a travel concern into Black Friday
Easton-Pburg football game delay causes ire among fans
Forks Township woman charged in murder-for-hire plot
Macungie man thanks Ohio family for 'gift of life'
Holocaust survivor reunited with her rescuer
Reading school students, staff 'shake it off' in video gone viral