Surviving 'quit day' when quitting smoking
Getting through 'quit day' can be emotionally and physically challenging, especially if tobacco cravings strike. Use these tips to help get through quit-smoking day:
1. Don't smoke, not even 'just one.'
2. Begin using nicotine replacement therapy if you've chosen that method.
3. Remind yourself of reasons to quit smoking.
4. Keep physically active.
5. Avoid situations and people that trigger cravings.
6. Attend a support group, counseling session or stop-smoking class.
7. Practice stress management and relaxation techniques.
8. Keep your hands busy by texting, writing, squeezing a ball or knitting.
Bucks County man killed in crash on I-78 East in Upper Saucon
School bus crash sends 4 students to hospitals
School district cancels classes Tuesday after alleged Frein sighting
Inferno damage at least $12M; collapse potential examined
State police: Possible Eric Frein sighting near post office
Man says police have often mistaken him for Eric Frein
At least one person killed in Lehigh County wreck
Vacation turns to tragedy when 3-year-old girl is killed
BASD reaches agreement with former parent it sued
Real estate agent testifies about carjacking that killed mom, 3 kids