Surviving 'quit day' when quitting smoking
Getting through 'quit day' can be emotionally and physically challenging, especially if tobacco cravings strike. Use these tips to help get through quit-smoking day:
1. Don't smoke, not even 'just one.'
2. Begin using nicotine replacement therapy if you've chosen that method.
3. Remind yourself of reasons to quit smoking.
4. Keep physically active.
5. Avoid situations and people that trigger cravings.
6. Attend a support group, counseling session or stop-smoking class.
7. Practice stress management and relaxation techniques.
8. Keep your hands busy by texting, writing, squeezing a ball or knitting.
Lehigh County man dies after vehicle crashes into tractor trailer
Farm animals gunned down; police investigate
For now, school plans to reopen Monday amid possible Eric Frein sighting
Allentown police: Apparent argument over spitting leads to shooting
Marijuana advocates smoke pot in front of NJ Statehouse
Frein may have been sighted in Pa. woods
Ebola scare temporarily closes Hackettstown pharmacy
Freezing weather expected overnight
Federal agency assisting with Reading outlet building fire investigation
Police: 2 men found dead of apparent gunshot wounds inside car