Surviving 'quit day' when quitting smoking
Getting through 'quit day' can be emotionally and physically challenging, especially if tobacco cravings strike. Use these tips to help get through quit-smoking day:
1. Don't smoke, not even 'just one.'
2. Begin using nicotine replacement therapy if you've chosen that method.
3. Remind yourself of reasons to quit smoking.
4. Keep physically active.
5. Avoid situations and people that trigger cravings.
6. Attend a support group, counseling session or stop-smoking class.
7. Practice stress management and relaxation techniques.
8. Keep your hands busy by texting, writing, squeezing a ball or knitting.
Wilson man dead after chase, police-involved shooting
Police: Deaths of 2 men inside car a murder-suicide
Foul language may stop plans to rename ASD field for Andre Reed
Deadly shooting shatters quiet at Washington school
Tractor trailer accident stops traffic on Route 422
Police: Man provides false information about Eric Frein
Thousands of dollars raised for man repeatedly mistaken for Eric Frein
Restaurant owners distraught over plans to condemn property
Family makes plea for help to save their puppy
Did Eric Frein drive away?