Surviving 'quit day' when quitting smoking
Getting through 'quit day' can be emotionally and physically challenging, especially if tobacco cravings strike. Use these tips to help get through quit-smoking day:
1. Don't smoke, not even 'just one.'
2. Begin using nicotine replacement therapy if you've chosen that method.
3. Remind yourself of reasons to quit smoking.
4. Keep physically active.
5. Avoid situations and people that trigger cravings.
6. Attend a support group, counseling session or stop-smoking class.
7. Practice stress management and relaxation techniques.
8. Keep your hands busy by texting, writing, squeezing a ball or knitting.
Morganelli: Police-involved shooting investigation could take weeks
Police: Man provides false information about Eric Frein
Foul language may stop plans to rename ASD field for Andre Reed
Tractor trailer accident stops traffic on Route 422
Deadly shooting shatters quiet at Washington school
Grandfather: Marysville school shooter hit cousins
Woman pleads guilty in animal cruelty case
Police: Deaths of 2 men inside car a murder-suicide
Police: Stolen vehicle not used by Frein
Thousands of dollars raised for man repeatedly mistaken for Eric Frein