Some in Bucks County almost went without a Thanksgiving dinner
Updated On: Nov 29 2013 04:43:12 AM CST
About 200 people almost went without a Thanksgiving dinner, thanks to a fire in Sellersville, Bucks County.
Nicholas and Vasso Scebes, owners of A and N Diner say a fire Sunday left them scrambling to get ready for nearly 200 families who expected to sit down for dinner on Thanksgiving Day.
Vasso Scebes said, "I wanted to give something back to the community."
Word about the fire spread and the owners expected that to bring in more people looking for the blessing of a free turkey dinner.
But the owners said that was okay; as long as there was food, no one would be turned away.
On Thanksgiving Day however, a plethora of pies lined the counters and the buffet servers were busy.
The Scebeses said local merchants donated the food and volunteers gave their time.
The names of the guests were provided by the school district and local churches.
May Wear said she was thankful to be among the guests. She said, "It is a blessing to be here and it's going to be a really nice dinner."
The Scebeses said they love their community so much that they hope to make this year's free Thanksgiving feast an annual tradition.
Copyright 2013 WFMZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
WWII vet shoots wife, kills self, Allentown police say
2nd truck drops into sinkhole in Bethlehem Twp. neighborhood
Survivor of deadly crash: 'It happened in the blink of an eye'
Man struck, trapped by leaf collector in Kutztown
State police seek missing Palmerton teen
Education fund set up for crash victim's young sons
Trucker charged in crash that killed 2, injured 9 on Route 222
Local residents urged to be on alert for high levels of deadly gas
High radon levels found in Lehigh Co. community; DEP urges testing
Cher cancels December 2nd date at PPL Center