70° F
Scattered Clouds
Scattered Clouds

Lightning may have sparked blaze in Montgomery County

Published On: Jul 03 2014 07:54:56 AM EDT   Updated On: Jul 03 2014 11:58:36 AM EDT

Lightning may have sparked apt fire


A firefighter in Montgomery County suffered minor injuries in a house fire that may have been sparked by lightning Wednesday night.

It happened around 7:30 p.m. at 137 Raven Hollow Drive in Montgomery Township.

A neighbor said they heard a loud bang and rushed to get everyone out of the home.


The firefighter suffered a minor facial injury.

The Red Cross helped a family of four with money for food, clothing, shoes and lodging. Their partners at Red Paw also helped with a dog.