Firefighters from two counties have taken control of a large fire that destroyed two barns in Montgomery County.
The fire was reported shortly before 12:30 p.m. Friday in the 600 block of Congo Road in Douglass Township, near Gilbertsville.
Firefighters from Montgomery and neighboring Berks counties were dispatched to the scene.
The first crews on the scene reported the barns being fully-involved in flames. A large plume of smoke was reported to be seen from as far away as Whitehall Twp., Lehigh Co.
Investigators have not yet determined what sparked the fire, but they have determined that it started in the larger of the two barns and spread from there. Firefighters were able to prevent the flames from reaching a house on the property.
No animals were reported to be injured in the fire, said officials, adding that recreational vehicles parked inside one of the barns were destroyed.