An electric space heater is being blamed for a fire that forced 10 people from their home in Pottstown, Montgomery Co.
Flames broke out on the second floor of a house in the 700 block of Lincoln Avenue just before 10 a.m. Monday.
One girl crawled out a window and onto a roof to escape the fire. Luckily no one was hurt.
A Pottstown-based business has been inspired to help everyone displaced by the fire.
Ken Kilpatrick, an official with Sylvia Marketing and Public Relations, collected nearly $2,000 for fire victims. He said he wanted to help after seeing the 69 News story Monday evening
"It's a very sad story, a family, a large family who were going to lose Christmas over a fire," Kilpatrick said.
"We're gonna go get like more presents and wrap them and pretty much just use it to help them get the kids and my mom and me on our feet again, but it really helps a lot," said Shante Lofton.
The Red Cross is helping the victims find a place to stay.