Several homes in Quakertown, Bucks County were evacuated early Tuesday as a precaution as fire crews monitored a gas leak.
The leak was contained to the 200 block of North Ambler Street.
UGI officials say they capped the leak to make a temporary fix.
There is no danger to surrounding homes, officials said.
About 50 displaced residents were allowed to return to their homes around 6:30 a.m.
Fire companies responded around 1:30 Tuesday morning.
Glenwood Avenue between North Ambler and North Penrose streets will be closed most of Tuesday so utility crews can repair the line.