Roundup nets 18 drug suspects in Berks County; 8 still sought
Updated On: Dec 04 2013 06:05:44 PM CST
Eighteen suspected drug dealers in Reading got an unexpected wake-up call early Wednesday morning.
Detectives representing various law enforcement agencies scoured the city in search of 26 suspects, officials said. Eighteen people were arrested; eight are still being sought.
The surprise roundup was the result of a year-long investigation that involved undercover purchases of heroin, cocaine, methamphetamine and marijuana, said officials, adding that the amount paid for the drugs ranged from $50 to $2,870.
The suspects arrested were charged with possession, possession with the intent to deliver and delivery of heroin, cocaine, methamphetamine and marijuana. The suspects were identified by Berks County detectives as:
- Angel Gabriel Rosa-Rivera, 43, no known address;
- Luis E. Negron-Cartagena, 32, 200 block Maple Street, Reading;
- Myra Haddock-Gonzalez, 34, 700 block North 10th Street, Reading;
- Luis Alberto Matias, 33, 200 block Clymer Street, Reading;
- Henry Troche, 29, 200 block Mulberry Street, Reading;
- Richard Alvarado-Pabon, 35, 400 block Schuylkill Avenue, Reading;
- Carlos Cortes, 56, 900 block Meade Street, Reading;
- Kadir Mehadi, 26, no known address;
- Luis Rivera Jr., 23, 300 block Chestnut Street, Reading;
- Luis Ruiz, 42, no known address;
- Guillimo DeJesus, 22, 400 block South 11th Street, Reading;
- Laime Johns, 37, no known address
- Darnell Coad, 38, 200 block North 11th Street, Reading;
- Damon McFarlen, 24, 1000 block Muhlenberg Street, Reading;
- Pablo Santiago, 54, no known address;
- Jose Antonio Perez-Guevarez, 32, no known address
- Alonzo Edward Cooper, 48, 400 block Tulpehocken Street, Reading;
- Destine Soto, 23, 1500 block Hill Road, Reading
The eight suspects still at large have been identified as:
- Edward Lucas, 41, 4100 block Penn Avenue, Sinking Spring;
- Henry Rodriguez, 43, 1100 block Church Street, Reading;
- Jesse Krick, 35, Unit block Ginger Lane, Exeter Township;
- Johnny Gonzalez, 44, 1100 block Muhlenberg Street, Reading;
- Jorge Guzman-Rodriguez, 32, 300 block South 3rd Street, Reading;
- Michael Soto, 24, 200 block South 5th Street, Reading;
- Noel Lugo, 27, 1200 block Muhlenberg Street, Reading;
- Shandel Anthony Little, 21, 500 block Douglass Street, Reading
Anyone with information about suspected drug activity can provide an anonymous tip by calling Crime Alert Berks County at 877-373-9913. A cash reward of up to $5,000 is offered for information that leads to an arrest.
The joint investigation, launched as a result of numerous complaints and information from confidential sources, involved detectives with the Berks County district attorney's drug task force, the Reading Police Department's vice section and the Berks County Sheriff's Department.
Copyright 2013 WFMZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Officials: Fire that destroyed HS football equipment suspicious
Bucks County teens killed in accident in Wayne County
Body found in Allentown; death investigated as being 'suspicious'
Man takes car for test drive, doesn't come back, police say
Police: Man grazed by bullet in Allentown, refuses treatment
Police chief's son allegedly points loaded gun at detectives
Police: Child in critical condition after falling from window
Part of vacant building crumbles; pieces fall on sidewalk
Fire damages house in Bethlehem
Atlantic City's newest boardwalk casino begins shutdown