52° F
Heavy Rain
Heavy Rain

Person reportedly trapped on 2nd story of burning apartment building

Published On: Aug 06 2014 10:37:55 AM EDT   Updated On: Jul 15 2014 07:01:04 PM EDT

Man rescued through window from apartment fire


Fire crews rescued one person who was trapped in their apartment when a fire broke out in their building.

Around 2:00pm Tuesday, crews were called to the Harvard Apartments in Palmerton Carbon County.

The fire chief tells 69 News a man was cooking in his apartment when grease caught fire.


It gutted his apartment but crews were able to contain the fire, the chief said.  Surrounding apartments did sustain some water and smoke damage.

No one was hurt in the fire.  One person was rescued through his window because he wasn't able to leave his apartment. 

Firefighters were also able to rescue all the pets in the building.