Allentown
79° F
Rain
Rain
Advertisement

Carbon Monoxide leak causes evacuation in Nesquehoning

Published On: Dec 11 2013 06:45:54 PM EST

Medical building in Nesquehoning evacuated

NESQUEHONING, Pa. -

A medical building was evacuated after a carbon monoxide leak in Carbon County.

It happened around 1:30 this afternoon at St. Luke's Miners Health Center on West Catawissa Street in Nesquehoning.

Officials say the contamination was caused by a dislodged chimney flue.

Advertisement

The building was evacuated for about an hour but no one was seriously injured.