Allentown
45° F
Clear
Clear

Malfunctioning wood stove sparks fire in Berks

By 69 News, follow: @69news, news@wfmz.com
Published On: Dec 12 2013 06:45:36 AM CST

Stove causes fire in Hereford home

HEREFORD TWP., Pa. -

A fire caused by a malfunctioning stove was quickly knocked down by crews in Berks.

It broke out around around 9 p.m. at 11 Deer Hill Road in Hereford Township.

Officials say a wood stove malfunctioned, causing the fire.

No one was injured, but the home suffered some heat and smoke damage.

Two people were displaced.