54° F

One person driven to hospital after fire in Easton building

Published On: Aug 06 2014 11:32:07 AM EDT   Updated On: Jul 28 2014 10:49:07 AM EDT

Fire breaks out in Easton building


One person was taken to the hospital after a fire broke out in a building with a barber shop in Easton.

The fire started at around 7 p.m. Friday night in the unit block of N. 4th Street.

The three story building houses the Gentlemen's Barber Shop in the ground floor.


Fire crews on scene say that the one injured person suffered from smoke inhalation. They were taken by ambulance to St. Luke's hospital.

Fire crews also said that most of the damage of the fire was in the roof of the upper level.

The Red Cross assisted a family of three adults and two children with food, lodging, clothing and infant formula and supplies.

An adult from another apartment was provided with food and clothing as well.