66° F
Mostly Cloudy
Mostly Cloudy

Nov. fire at Lehigh U. students' house accidentally started by candle

Published On: Dec 04 2012 12:02:04 PM EST   Updated On: Dec 04 2012 12:25:26 PM EST

A fire at a Lehigh University off-campus house was caused by a candle, officials said.

The fire broke out Nov. 27 around 2 a.m. at a home in the 400 block of Montclair Street in Bethlehem.

One student -- Andrew Douglas-- was hospitalized for burns, has been released from the hospital and is recovering at home with his family, according to fire officials. He is expected to make a full recovery.


Four other students were also displaced by the fire.

The fire was ruled accidental.