Allentown
32° F
Overcast
Overcast

Child playing with lighter sparks fire in Allentown, officials say

Published On: Oct 25 2012 04:24:52 PM CDT
Updated On: Oct 25 2012 04:26:32 PM CDT

A fire in Allentown was sparked by a 4-year-old child, officials said.

ALLENTOWN, Pa. -

A fire in Allentown was sparked by a 4-year-old child, officials said.

The flames broke out around 2 p.m. Thursday at a home in the 600 block of North 8th Street.

A child playing with a lighter lit a chair on fire, officials said.

Crews were able to get the flames under control in just a few minutes.

No one was hurt, but both the house and the house next door were damaged.