King of Prussia touts surge in commercial development along Route 202
The King of Prussia District on Tuesday updated the progress of major development projects currently underway along KOP's most heavily traveled corridor -- Route 202, also known as DeKalb Pike.
The projects include:
• Burger King: Demolition is underway on the location at 568 W. DeKalb Pike. The new restaurant will feature LED lighting, a Wired Your Way Café and a drivethrough. Work is expected to be finished in September.
• Chili's: The old Chili’s was demolished to make way for the chain's newest format
restaurant at 739 W. DeKalb Pike. The project is expected to wrap up this fall.
• Courtside Square: Façade renovations have begun at the 600 W. DeKalb Pike
office building owned by Willner Properties, which includes a new façade,
signage, and a modern entry. Work should be completed this summer.
• Porcelanosa: A 7,150 square-foot, high-end tile showroom is being built at DeKalb Pike and Long Road. The work should be done sometime this year.
• Super Wawa & Chick-fil-A: Framing is up on the 4,800 square-foot Chick-fil-A restaurant and the 6,000 square foot Wawa convenience store, the latter of which will feature a gas station on DeKalb Pike between Henderson Road and Town Center Road. The project is due for completion this fall.
• Target Shopping Center: The new shopping center will feature a 165,335 square-foot Target store and a 1,750 square-foot Starbucks, among other retailers. Work is expected to be finished sometime in 2014.
• Valley Forge Shopping Center: Façade renovations have begun on the shopping center, which includes Michael's Delicatessen, Michael's craft store and Bed Bath and Beyond. Work should be wrapped up later this year.
"This is an exciting time for King of Prussia as the community experiences a period of significant investment along its commercial corridors,” said Eric Goldstein, executive director, King of Prussia District.
Other developments throughout King of Prussia include:
• CarMax Auto Superstore: Construction is underway on a one-story, 17,060 square-foot showroom at 181 S. Gulph Rd.
• Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia: A 120,000 square-foot specialty care center is being built at The Village at Valley Forge. It will house more than 40 pediatric care specialists, pediatric imagining and an outpatient day surgery center. Construction is due for completion in 2014.
• Shake Shack: The specialty burger and milk shake franchise will open a free-standing location at the King of Prussia Mall, along Mall Boulevard. Work will wrap up in the fall.
• The Car Wash at Franklin Maps: The self-service car wash on Henderson Road will also have a doggie wash. It's scheduled to be ready this summer.
• The Village Mart Laundromat: Under construction at 520 Shoemaker Rd., the hi-tech, energy-efficient laundromat will feature EASYPAY, free Wi-Fi and a coffee bar. Expected completion date is January 2014.
"Now is a great time to be in King of Prussia," said Michael J. Willner, president of
Willner Properties. "The improving market and positive vibe permeating the KOP
community gives us confidence to invest in our Allendale Road property."
In addition, officials said Simon Property Group is planning a 140,000 square-foot
addition to the King of Prussia Mall. It will include new, high-end retailers and
restaurants. Construction is expected to begin in 2014.
Copyright 2013 WFMZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Police: Dead baby found in trash; charges possible
Mom charged in case of baby found in trash bag
Man faces charges for having sex with 13-year-old girl
Derrick Redcay welcomed home by crowd of supporters
Police warn about cop impersonators and how to detect them
6 Philadelphia police officers charged in corruption case
Pennsylvania sued by US over police fitness tests
2 arrested in New Jersey wedding brawl
Updating Bethlehem park rules is a work in progress
Man to be charged with homicide in elderly mom's beating death