Sunrise Chef: Philip Kresge
How's cheese and chocolate fondue sound for your mom for Mother's Day? The Melting Pot in Bethlehem may be just the place to take her. Wanna test out your own fondue skills? The Melting Pot joined 69 News at Sunrise to show us how it's done.
(For one person)
1.25oz White wine base
2.5oz butterkase / Fontina Blend
1x #50 scoop Serafina Garlic & Herb Spread
Half Squeeze Lemon HAlf
1ox Goat Cheese Crumbles
1 demi spoon Scallions
1. Add white wine base to liner then place fork inside the liner.
2. Add 1/3 Butterkase/Fontina cheese to the base and mix thoroughly using the fork,
3. Add the next 1/3 of the cheese and mix thoroughly using the fork,
4. Add the remaining 1/3 of cheese and mix thoroughly until all the cheese is melted and incorporated, using a whipping motion to fluff up the cheese.
5. Add Serafina and lemon juise and mix thoroughly using fork.
6. Add goat cheese crumbles and fold in 3-5 times using the fork.
7. Remove the cheese fork from the liner, without scraping against the liner, and place fork in cheese bowl.
8. Garnish with scallions over the entire surface of the fondue.
Chocolate S'mores for 1 person
2oz Milk Chocolate Mixture
1/2 heaping teaspoon Marshmallow Fluff
1 tsp 151 Rum for Flambe
1 TBL Graham Cracker Pieces
1. Place milk chocolate mixture in the liner.
2. Add marshmallow into center of chocolate mixture with long-handled tea spoon. Leave spoon in liner but do not stir.
3. Place the liner in the steam well for a minimum of 2 minutes.
4. Flambe with 151 rum
5. When chocolate begins to bubble, stir to incorporate ingredients and to put out flame.
6. Add graham cracker pieces to the top of the chocolate as a garnish.
Copyright 2014 WFMZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Wilson man dead after chase, police-involved shooting
Police: Deaths of 2 men inside car a murder-suicide
Foul language may stop plans to rename ASD field for Andre Reed
Deadly shooting shatters quiet at Washington school
Tractor trailer accident stops traffic on Route 422
Police: Man provides false information about Eric Frein
Thousands of dollars raised for man repeatedly mistaken for Eric Frein
Restaurant owners distraught over plans to condemn property
Family makes plea for help to save their puppy
Did Eric Frein drive away?