Fallen police officer Brad Fox honored with fallen hero plaque
Updated On: Sep 13 2013 02:05:16 PM CDT
A fallen Montgomery County police officer was memorialized Friday with a hero's honor.
Plymouth Township Ofc. Bradley Michael Fox was killed in the line of duty on Sept. 13, 2012.
On Friday, Fox received a fallen hero plaque on the Schuylkill River Trail at Conshocken and Ernest Station roads in Conshohocken.
Chief Joseph Lawrence, Plymouth Twp. Police Dept., and Montgomery County District Attorney Risa Ferman dedicated the plaque.
Fox was also posthumously awarded the district attorney's medal of honor, the highest honor bestowed upon a law enforcement officer in Montgomery County.
Fox was killed while pursuing a hit-and-run driver on foot, and during the pursuit, Fox was ambushed by the driver, Andrew Thomas. Thomas then turned the gun on himself and committed suicide.
The fallen hero program was founded in 2001 by attorney James Binns for the purpose of honoring law enforcement officers and firefighters in Philadelphia who have lost their lives in the line of duty.
The program was extended to Montgomery County.
Fox received the 20th fallen hero plaque.
The previous 19 plaques honor the following:
- Sgt. James R. Miller, Upper Dublin Twp. police (KIA 4/20/2004; dedication 09/06/2007)
- Special Agent Charles L. Reed, FBI (KIA: 03/22/1996; dedication 9/24/2007)
- Ofc. Edward Setzer, Lower Merion Twp. police (KIA 9/30/1988; dedication 10/01/2007)
- Tpr. Stanley E. Wesoloski, Pa. State Police (KIA 5/26/1986; dedication 10/25/2007)
- Chief Robert E. Reilly, Norristown police (KIA 9/09/1959; dedication 6/17/2008)
- Ofc. Edgar L. Peterson, Cheltenham Twp. police (KIA 3/03/1946; dedication 4/13/2009)
- Ofc. Richard Lawn Jr., Lower Gwynedd Twp. police (KIA 7/28/2003; dedication 6/01/2009)
- Sgt. John M. Thomas, Pa. State Police (KIA 5/08/1927; dedication 10/13/2009)
- Patrolman Andrew W. Miller, Pa. State Police (KIA 4/01/1928; dedication 10/13/2009)
- Tpr. Francis M. Tessitore, Pa. State Police (KIA 10/02/1960; dedication 10/13/2009)
- Corporal Leo M. Koscelnick, Pa. State Police (KIA 8/15/1977; dedication 10/13/2009)
- Ofc. David Hancock, Montgomery Twp. police (KIA 12/11/1976; dedication 09/21/2010)
- Patrolman Michael J. Saulin, Upper Merion Twp. police (KIA 3/04/1975; dedication 10/26/2010)
- Sgt. George F. Opelski, West Norriton Twp. police (KIA 9/13/1986; dedication 06/23/2011)
- Ofc. Thomas Mathews, Abington Twp. police (KIA 6/29/1949; dedication 09/27/2011)
- Ofc. Thomas W. Corum, Pottstown police (KIA 1/20/1964; dedication 10/25/2011)
- Ofc. Eugene “Chic” Lucas, Conshohocken police (KIA 10/30/1922; dedication 06/26/2012)
- Ofc. Francis X “Buck” Roy, Lower Merion Twp. police (KIA 9/15/24; dedication 9/27/2012)
- Ofc. Thomas M. Barone, Norristown police (KIA 10/11/92; dedication 10/11/2012)
Copyright 2013 WFMZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Liberty High School students dismissed following lock down
Amber Alert cancelled for child abducted from Cumru home
23 students taken to hospital from school bus crash on Route 222
Large fish washes ashore along Delaware River
Police: Man tries to snatch baby from stroller; mom fights back
Thirsty intruder wearing pajama pants leads police on chase
Police: Suspected drunk driver goes on hit-and-run rampage
Property owners say they can’t afford city-ordered sidewalks
Freshman to school board: Start school later so kids get more sleep
Lehigh official: Fraternity suspended over alleged 'racist' vandalism