Allentown
75° F
Mostly Cloudy
Mostly Cloudy

Bethlehem carbon monoxide leak sends 6 people to hospital

By 69 News, (follow: @69news), news@wfmz.com
Published On: Mar 29 2014 10:04:57 AM CDT
Updated On: Mar 29 2014 05:27:46 PM CDT

Carbon monoxide leak

BETHLEHEM, Pa. -

Six people were sent to the hospital after a blocked chimney caused a carbon monoxide leak in a Bethlehem home.

Emergency crews were called out to the 700 block of East 7th Street late Friday night.

According to crews at the scene, two people inside the home and four first responders had to be treated for high levels of carbon monoxide.

A husband and wife who live at the home were taken to the hospital. There's no word on their condition.

Officials said the four responders who were treated are doing okay.

Fire officials said the home's chimney became blocked by brick debris and sediment.