A blown fuse prompted a brief scare on the Albright College campus in northeast Reading.
Firefighters were dispatched around 11:15 a.m. Wednesday for the report of the transformer smoking inside the Freedman Gallery at North 13th and Bern streets.
The building was evacuated until firefighters could make sure all was safe and give the all-clear for everyone to go back inside.
That, however, wasn't the only problem Albright had to deal with. The blown fuse knocked out electricity to about one-third of the campus until about 4 p.m., officials said.