An all-out emergency response to a home near Boyertown turned out to be nothing more than a false alarm, officials said.
Multiple ambulances and fire crews were dispatched around 2:30 p.m. to the home in the 100 block of Water Street in Colebrookdale Township for the report of six people inside being unconscious, possibly as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Police closed the street as emergency responders from Berks and Montgomery counties converged on the scene.
Crews reported finding only three people inside the home, and none of them was unconscious, officials told 69 News.
There was a possible smell of propane around the home, but nothing to cause the incident that was originally reported to 911 and prompted the large response, officials said.