A major drug trafficking operation is no more.
Berks County officials on Thursday announced the results of what they dubbed "Operation M3."
The operation, involving local, state and federal law enforcement authorities, dismantled a drug organization involving 25 mid- to high-level individuals, said officials, adding that 19 of them have been apprehended.
The organization, officials said, was far-reaching, having ties to drug traffickers from New York, New Jersey, Texas, Colorado, Florida, Arizona and Mexico.
During a news conference Thursday afternoon, authorities put on display drugs, weapons and cash that were seized during the 10-month investigation.
"The success of dismantling this drug trafficking operation could only have been accomplished with the cooperative combined teamwork of local, county, state and federal law enforcement agencies," said District Attorney John Adams. "Today, we send a message to the drug dealers of our community that we will use every available law enforcement resource to bring them to justice."
The suspects were identified by Adams as:
- Michael Vazquez, aka "Rambo," 200 block Reed Street, Reading (still at large);
- Robert Sanifiel, aka "Kiko," "Mase," 900 block Byram Street, Lower Alsace Township;
- Carlos Taveras, aka "Shaf," "Hippy," 900 block Byram Street, Lower Alsace Township;
- Eric Feliz, aka "Smily," Eddie," "DJ Smokeout," 900 block Byram Street, Lower Alsace Township (still at large);
- Franklin Bido, aka "Shorty," "Midget," 1200 block Sheridan, Reading;
- Hector Veras, aka "Scottie," 200 block Clymer Street, Reading;
- Pedro More Sr., aka "Cuba," 100 block West Buttonwood Street, Reading;
- Pedro More Jr., aka "P," 100 block West Buttonwood Street, Reading;
- Victor Burgos, aka "Bam Bam," 600 block Court Street, Reading;
- Victor Romero-Rojas, aka "Primo," 300 block North 5th Street, Reading;
- Emilio Concepcion, aka "E," 2100 block Penn Avenue, Sinking Spring;
- Arvell Bullock, aka "Black," 300 block North 5th Street, Reading;
- Angel Oliveras, 500 block S. 14th-1/2 Street, Reading;
- Eric Urbaez-Pindea, aka "E," 200 block Carsonia Avenue, Mount Penn (still at large);
- Mbejou Waith, 300 block North 5th Street, Reading;
- Daniel Lopez, aka, "D," 700 block North Front Street, Reading;
- Jonathan "John" Sanifiel, 900 block Byram Street, Lower Alsace Township;
- Orlando "Gordo" Sanchez, 100 block South 6th Street/400 block Oley Street, Reading (still at large);
- Ceferino Hernandez, aka "Schuylkill Ave," 500 block Chestnut Street, West Reading;
- Raudo "Culita" Cabral, 800 block West 181st Street, New York;
- Eduardo Beltran, aka "E," 100 block Rose Street, Reading (still at large);
- Delwis Santana, 500 block Schuylkill Avenue, Reading (still at large);
- Sarah McDevitt, 100 block Oak Lane, Lower Alsace Township;
- Juan Carlos Cosme-Torres, 800 block North 12th Street, Reading;
- Jasmin King, 300 block North 5th Street, Reading
Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of the suspects who are still at large is asked to call Crime Alert Berks County's anonymous tip line at 877-373-9913.
The suspects face multiple charges, including conspiracy to distribute controlled substances (cocaine, heroin and marijuana); dealing in proceeds of unlawful activity; corrupt organizations and criminal use of communication facility.
Items seized during the investigation include 3 kilograms of cocaine with a street value of $300,000; 250 grams of heroin with a street value of $75,000; more than $50,000 in cash; three handguns and a sawed-off shotgun and a vehicle with a hidden trap to conceal contraband.