54° F
Scattered Clouds
Scattered Clouds

Fire damages garage in Muhlenberg; overheated wood stove to blame

Published On: Jan 30 2013 05:09:42 PM EST   Updated On: Jan 30 2013 03:21:25 PM EST

Muhlenberg Twp. fire


An overheated wood stove sparked a fire that damaged a garage in Berks County early Wednesday morning, police said.

Flames broke out around 4:30 a.m. inside the garage in the 5000 block of Mount Vernon Street in Muhlenberg Township.

No one was injured, police said.

Firefighters extinguished the fire in about 90 minutes.