Allentown
36° F
Light Drizzle
Light Drizzle

Unattended cooking ruled cause of Phillipsburg fire

Published On: Jun 11 2014 04:03:06 PM CDT
Updated On: Jun 11 2014 05:09:54 PM CDT

Officials say unattended cooking caused the fire that tore through a house in Warren County, New Jersey.

PHILLIPSBURG, N.J. -

Officials say unattended cooking caused the fire that tore through a house in Warren County, New Jersey.

The fire broke out just before 7:30 p.m. Tuesday night on Sitgreaves Street in Phillipsburg.

Officials say the flames started in the kitchen of the second floor apartment.

People inside the home got out safely but three firefighters were treated for non-life threatening injuries.

The American Red Cross is assisting the displaced residents.