Allentown
55° F
Clear
Clear

Space heater may have sparked 2 alarmer

By 69 News, follow: @69news, news@wfmz.com
Published On: Jan 25 2013 06:00:00 PM CST
Updated On: Jan 25 2013 10:12:43 PM CST

Firefighters from Berks and Montgomery County braved the snow and cold Friday night to battle fires.

WASHINGTON TWP., Pa. -

Firefighters from Berks and Montgomery County braved the snow and cold Friday night to battle fires.

Officials say a space heater may be to blame for a two alarm fire in eastern Berks.

Fire officials say they were called to the scene around 6:45.

It happened in the 2100 block of Route 100 in the Washington Township area.

Officials say the pipes were frozen inside this home and the person doing renovations was using a space heater to thaw them.

Crews from Berks and Montgomery County were not able to save one side of the home.

No one lived here, so no one was displaced.