Allentown
59° F
Clear
Clear

Nov. fire at Lehigh U. students' house accidentally started by candle

By Nancy Dougherty, WFMZ.com Reporter, NDougherty@wfmz.com
Published On: Dec 04 2012 11:02:04 AM CST
Updated On: Dec 04 2012 11:25:26 AM CST
BETHLEHEM, Pa. -

A fire at a Lehigh University off-campus house was caused by a candle, officials said.

The fire broke out Nov. 27 around 2 a.m. at a home in the 400 block of Montclair Street in Bethlehem.

One student -- Andrew Douglas-- was hospitalized for burns, has been released from the hospital and is recovering at home with his family, according to fire officials. He is expected to make a full recovery.

Four other students were also displaced by the fire.

The fire was ruled accidental.