Students at one local school may have been exposed to meningitis, health officials said Wednesday.
A student at St. Anne School in Bethlehem has a confirmed case of bacterial meningitis, officials said.
The disease is spread by droplets from coughing and sneezing. Symptoms include fever, vomiting and a rash.
The student's classmates aren't considered to be at a significant risk, officials said, but if your child develops any symptoms, you should contact your doctor.
You can also call the Bethlehem Health Bureau at 610-865-7087or the Pennsylvania Department of Health at 1-877-PA-HEALTH with questions.