Following landscaping tips to improve your curb appeal
Updated On: Jan 08 2013 10:25:01 AM CST
By Chaya Kurtz, Networx
These are the two things you need to know about curb appeal: You have seven to ten seconds to make a first impression; details make up the whole. Paying particular attention to details will ensure that the whole front view of your house makes a super first impression. This check list will provide you with a rubric of details to pay attention to when you are putting your house on the market.
1. Is the lawn trimmed and neat? Have brown patches in the grass been replaced or repaired?
2. Have all borders been edged?
3. Are trees and bushes neatly trimmed?
4. If your yard lacks trees and bushes, do you have plans to plant some?
5. Have you hidden unsightly features, like a central air conditioning unit, with green plants?
6. Have you removed all clutter and debris from your lawn and driveway?
1. Is your driveway cracked or chipped? If so, repave it.
2. Is your walkway in good repair? If you have a walkway made of bricks or pavers, weed in between the bricks or pavers, and replace any broken or chipped bricks or pavers. Be sure to edge around the front walk. For paver replacement inspiration, Artistic Paver Mfg., a concrete contractor in Miami who specializes in pavers, has posted some awesome pictures on Hometalk.com.
1. Does your house have a neutral, classic color scheme?
2. Is your paint fresh-looking, with no moldy, bubbled, or peeling spots? If not, you need the services of a professional painter.
3. Your inside window treatments are visible from the outside. Do they match? Are they neat-looking and in good repair?
4. Have you installed shutters next to your windows? Adding matching, attractive shutters is a classic way to improve curb appeal.
1. Is your front door new-looking? If not, replace it with a new door.
2. Update front door hardware with shiny, new hardware. Make sure that the hardware is consistent with the style and period of your house.
3. Is your mail box attractive? If not, replace it with a modern and attractive mail box.
4. Are your house numbers prominent? New, bold, attractive house numbers are a detail that improve curb appeal.
5. How do your exterior light fixtures look? Up-to-date, fashionable exterior light fixtures are attractive to buyers.
Search for Eric Frein focuses along Rt. 447 in Monroe County
Man killed in Northampton Co. motorcycle crash
Reading duo walk off with stolen ATM in trash can
Police: Man tried to lure children at park into Lehigh County woods
Thieves get $30 in home invasion robbery in Wilson
Search for Frein shifts slightly east, but he continues to elude police
Neil Diamond to kick off 2015 tour in Allentown
Fourteen-year-old missing girl located
Bow hunters wonder how Frein search will affect their plans
Former sportscaster Don Tollefson pleads guilty to felony theft charges