Allentown
72° F
Clear
Clear

Fire in Birdsboro ruled accidental; fundraiser planned for family

By Kevin Fitzsimmons, Web Producer
Published On: Mar 06 2013 06:00:00 PM CST
Updated On: Mar 07 2013 05:47:57 PM CST

The fire that damaged a house in Birdsboro on Wednesday has been ruled an accident.

BIRDSBORO, Pa. -

The fire that damaged a house in Birdsboro on Wednesday has been ruled an accident.

An electrical malfunction in the kitchen area sparked the fire, investigators said.

A family of four was displaced, and several of their pets didn't survive.

A collection of clothing and gift cards to help the family is being planned for Saturday at 9 a.m. at Daniel Boone High School.