Breinigsville woman plays host to Rachael Ray show
Updated On: Nov 27 2012 11:37:07 AM CST
A Breinigsville woman got quite a surprise when Rachael Ray and Regis Philbin recently showed up outside her Lehigh County home.
They came to do some cooking and remodeling after Tina Alvarado won a contest. Tina talked to Jaciel about her experience.
Tina, who also is a caterer, showed how to make an easy appetizer that you can enjoy at Thanksgiving.
Lasagna Cups Recipe
Wonton Wrappers (12 ozs)
1.25 lbs ground beef
2 Tbls Olive Oil
14.5 oz Can of Stewed Tomatoes , Original Recipe (blended)
1/2 of 6oz can of tomato paste
1/2 tsp adobo
1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
1 tsp dried parsley
1 clove minced garlic
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/3 C Parmesan cheese
2 C Part-Skim Low- Moisture Mozzarella cheese, grated
1 8 oz Cream cheese
1/3 C Milk
-In a large skillet, sauté beef and onion in the olive oil until browned. . Drain the meat. Put meat back into the pan and add the blended stewed tomatoes, tomato paste, adobo, italian seasoning, parsley, garlic, and salt and pepper. Simmer for 30 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small pot, simmer the cream cheese and milk until smooth and creamy.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Lay a wonton wrapper in the bottom of each muffin tin, pressing down and into the sides of the tin.
- Place about 1 tbls of beef in each cup. Top with 1 tsp of cream cheese, then sprinkle mozzarella and a pinch of parmesan on top. Press another wonton down into the cup and repeat the layers.
- Bake the lasagna cups for 10 minutes until the cheese is melted, and the wonton wrappers are slightly browned.
- Sprinkle extra dried parsley on top for color and garnishing.
--Makes 24 Cups--
You can watch Tina's special episode Wednesday (11/21) at 10am on WPVI - 6ABC
Find out more about the episode by visiting RachaelRay.com
Copyright 2012 WFMZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
2 Lynn women killed in accident on Kings Highway
Man says police have often mistaken him for Eric Frein
Canada PM: Soldier slain 'in cold blood'
Vacation turns to tragedy when 3-year-old girl is killed
Bucks County man killed in crash on I-78 East in Upper Saucon
Divers go underwater to map submerged trains
Police: Man posing as concert promoter targets retirement community
Boy, 16, charged with attempted homicide in stabbing
Inferno damage at least $12M; collapse potential examined
School bus crash sends 4 students to hospitals