Average cost of weddings on the rise
If wedding bells are in your future... it's time to start saving now.
Wedding website theknot.com says brides and grooms spent more money on their weddings last year than they have since the start of economic downturn.
The site says the average bill for a wedding was $28,427. That doesn't including a honeymoon either.
The site surveyed more than 17 thousand couples to come up with the number.
It says couples in Manhattan spent the most on their nuptials averaging nearly $77,000, while couples in Alaska spent the least at around $15,500.
Complete Wedding Statistics
- Average Wedding Budget: $28,427 (excludes honeymoon)
- Most Expensive Place to Get Married: Manhattan, $76,678 average spend
- Least Expensive Place to Get Married: Alaska, $15,504 average spend
- Average Spent on a Wedding Dress: $1,211
- Average Marrying Age: Bride, 29; Groom, 31
- Average Number of Guests: 139
- Average Number of Bridesmaids: 4 to 5
- Average Number of Groomsmen: 4 to 5
- Most Popular Month to Get Engaged: December (16%)
- Average Length of Engagement: 14 months
- Most Popular Month to Get Married: June (17%)
- Popular Wedding Colors: Blue (33%), Purple (26%), Green (23%), Metallics (23%)
- Percentage of Destination Weddings: 24%
Liberty High School students dismissed following lock down
Tractor trailer overturns against home, strikes gas line
Sleeping driver hits pole; police station, others lose electricity
23 students taken to hospital from school bus crash on Route 222
Man slapped with $43,000 water bill
Police investigate possible link between pair of Kmart break-ins
Large fish washes ashore along Delaware River
Cash 5 ticket worth $1.4M sold in Lehigh County
Police: Man caught at hotel with 1,200 bags of heroin
Bethlehem City Council briefed on Liberty H.S. emergency response