Average cost of weddings on the rise
If wedding bells are in your future... it's time to start saving now.
Wedding website theknot.com says brides and grooms spent more money on their weddings last year than they have since the start of economic downturn.
The site says the average bill for a wedding was $28,427. That doesn't including a honeymoon either.
The site surveyed more than 17 thousand couples to come up with the number.
It says couples in Manhattan spent the most on their nuptials averaging nearly $77,000, while couples in Alaska spent the least at around $15,500.
Complete Wedding Statistics
- Average Wedding Budget: $28,427 (excludes honeymoon)
- Most Expensive Place to Get Married: Manhattan, $76,678 average spend
- Least Expensive Place to Get Married: Alaska, $15,504 average spend
- Average Spent on a Wedding Dress: $1,211
- Average Marrying Age: Bride, 29; Groom, 31
- Average Number of Guests: 139
- Average Number of Bridesmaids: 4 to 5
- Average Number of Groomsmen: 4 to 5
- Most Popular Month to Get Engaged: December (16%)
- Average Length of Engagement: 14 months
- Most Popular Month to Get Married: June (17%)
- Popular Wedding Colors: Blue (33%), Purple (26%), Green (23%), Metallics (23%)
- Percentage of Destination Weddings: 24%
State police: We have taken Eric Frein into custody
Police: Woman on bicycle struck, killed by hit-and-run driver
Captured Eric Frein appears before judge for first time
69 News gets up-close look at abandoned hangar where Frein was caught
Residents watch Frein's capture at airport hangar
U.S. Marshal who caught Frein: He looked 'sad' and 'defeated'
One person killed in Schuylkill County crash
Fire tears through Phillipsburg row homes
1 pilot dead in Virgin's spaceship failure
Mixed verdict for defendants in Bethlehem club shooting