Average cost of weddings on the rise
If wedding bells are in your future... it's time to start saving now.
Wedding website theknot.com says brides and grooms spent more money on their weddings last year than they have since the start of economic downturn.
The site says the average bill for a wedding was $28,427. That doesn't including a honeymoon either.
The site surveyed more than 17 thousand couples to come up with the number.
It says couples in Manhattan spent the most on their nuptials averaging nearly $77,000, while couples in Alaska spent the least at around $15,500.
Complete Wedding Statistics
- Average Wedding Budget: $28,427 (excludes honeymoon)
- Most Expensive Place to Get Married: Manhattan, $76,678 average spend
- Least Expensive Place to Get Married: Alaska, $15,504 average spend
- Average Spent on a Wedding Dress: $1,211
- Average Marrying Age: Bride, 29; Groom, 31
- Average Number of Guests: 139
- Average Number of Bridesmaids: 4 to 5
- Average Number of Groomsmen: 4 to 5
- Most Popular Month to Get Engaged: December (16%)
- Average Length of Engagement: 14 months
- Most Popular Month to Get Married: June (17%)
- Popular Wedding Colors: Blue (33%), Purple (26%), Green (23%), Metallics (23%)
- Percentage of Destination Weddings: 24%
Humidity returns for the Labor Day weekend
Police: Woman makes false rape claim as revenge on ex-boyfriend
Bank closed; would-be robber leaves empty-handed
Police seek 'armed and dangerous' Allentown man after Easton shooting
Neighbor: 118 animals in shed should have been rescued a long time ago
SPCA removes 118 animals from shed; charges pending
'Frustrated' teen mom threw infant against wall, police say
Daughter: Joan Rivers' condition 'serious'
2 Allentown men arrested in connection with stabbing
Unique creations part of annual Taste of Hamburger Festival