Average cost of weddings on the rise
If wedding bells are in your future... it's time to start saving now.
Wedding website theknot.com says brides and grooms spent more money on their weddings last year than they have since the start of economic downturn.
The site says the average bill for a wedding was $28,427. That doesn't including a honeymoon either.
The site surveyed more than 17 thousand couples to come up with the number.
It says couples in Manhattan spent the most on their nuptials averaging nearly $77,000, while couples in Alaska spent the least at around $15,500.
Complete Wedding Statistics
- Average Wedding Budget: $28,427 (excludes honeymoon)
- Most Expensive Place to Get Married: Manhattan, $76,678 average spend
- Least Expensive Place to Get Married: Alaska, $15,504 average spend
- Average Spent on a Wedding Dress: $1,211
- Average Marrying Age: Bride, 29; Groom, 31
- Average Number of Guests: 139
- Average Number of Bridesmaids: 4 to 5
- Average Number of Groomsmen: 4 to 5
- Most Popular Month to Get Engaged: December (16%)
- Average Length of Engagement: 14 months
- Most Popular Month to Get Married: June (17%)
- Popular Wedding Colors: Blue (33%), Purple (26%), Green (23%), Metallics (23%)
- Percentage of Destination Weddings: 24%
Ambush suspect ID'd, considered armed, 'extremely dangerous'
School district cancels classes in wake of police shooter identification
Teacher accused of having sex with 14-year-old student
Anchor announces on-air he has 6 months to live
State police looking for man with rifle
Pa. Senate committee approves property tax reform bill
2-vehicle accident sparks 'major' gas leak in Reading
Suspect's neighbors stunned upon learning of accusation
Woman commits suicide by jumping into crocodile pit
Power Play: Flyers to take on Phantoms in "Battle on Hamilton"