Average cost of weddings on the rise
If wedding bells are in your future... it's time to start saving now.
Wedding website theknot.com says brides and grooms spent more money on their weddings last year than they have since the start of economic downturn.
The site says the average bill for a wedding was $28,427. That doesn't including a honeymoon either.
The site surveyed more than 17 thousand couples to come up with the number.
It says couples in Manhattan spent the most on their nuptials averaging nearly $77,000, while couples in Alaska spent the least at around $15,500.
Complete Wedding Statistics
- Average Wedding Budget: $28,427 (excludes honeymoon)
- Most Expensive Place to Get Married: Manhattan, $76,678 average spend
- Least Expensive Place to Get Married: Alaska, $15,504 average spend
- Average Spent on a Wedding Dress: $1,211
- Average Marrying Age: Bride, 29; Groom, 31
- Average Number of Guests: 139
- Average Number of Bridesmaids: 4 to 5
- Average Number of Groomsmen: 4 to 5
- Most Popular Month to Get Engaged: December (16%)
- Average Length of Engagement: 14 months
- Most Popular Month to Get Married: June (17%)
- Popular Wedding Colors: Blue (33%), Purple (26%), Green (23%), Metallics (23%)
- Percentage of Destination Weddings: 24%
Search for Frein shifts slightly east, but he continues to elude police
Police: Man tried to lure children at park into Lehigh County woods
Former sportscaster Don Tollefson pleads guilty to felony theft charges
Thieves get $30 in home invasion robbery in Wilson
Reading duo walk off with stolen ATM in trash can
Fourteen-year-old missing girl located
3 fires on same street keep Reading firefighters busy
Neil Diamond to kick off 2015 tour in Allentown
Police arrest teenager in Allentown deadly shooting
Burglar admits to hitting same church six times