Allentown announces Points of Pride parade prize winners
A dozen organizations will receive prize money for their award-winning performances in Saturday's Points of Pride Parade.
The parade was part of Allentown's 250th Anniversary celebration.
Seventeen marching bands and 16 floats participated in the parade and nearly 2,500 people marched in the event.T
On Thursday, the city announced the following prize winners:
1. Kutztown ($500)
2. Parkland ($300)
3. William Allen ($200)
1. Lehigh Valley Child Care ($500)
2. Lehigh Valley Heritage Museum ($250)
2. Zion’s “Liberty Bell” Church and Museum ($250)
Best Representation of a Historical Event
1. Zion’s “Liberty Bell” Church and Museum ($500)
2. U.S. Army Fife and Drum Corps ($300)
3. Lehigh Valley Heritage Museum ($200)
Most Allentown Pride
1. Allentown Public Library ($500)
2. William Allen ($300)
3. The Burning Hearts ($200)
Copyright 2012 WFMZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Police: Deaths of 2 men inside car a murder-suicide
Elderly woman struck by car in parking lot, killed
Restaurant owners distraught over plans to condemn property
Did Eric Frein drive away?
Hazing allegations cancel football season at CB West HS
Lower Nazareth approves IDI warehouse
AIDS activist killed in crash remembered as inspiration to others
Vacation turns to tragedy when 3-year-old girl is killed
Proposed Lower Saucon budget includes 22% tax hike
Building in Coopersburg demolished for upscale housing