Allentown announces Points of Pride parade prize winners
A dozen organizations will receive prize money for their award-winning performances in Saturday's Points of Pride Parade.
The parade was part of Allentown's 250th Anniversary celebration.
Seventeen marching bands and 16 floats participated in the parade and nearly 2,500 people marched in the event.T
On Thursday, the city announced the following prize winners:
1. Kutztown ($500)
2. Parkland ($300)
3. William Allen ($200)
1. Lehigh Valley Child Care ($500)
2. Lehigh Valley Heritage Museum ($250)
2. Zion’s “Liberty Bell” Church and Museum ($250)
Best Representation of a Historical Event
1. Zion’s “Liberty Bell” Church and Museum ($500)
2. U.S. Army Fife and Drum Corps ($300)
3. Lehigh Valley Heritage Museum ($200)
Most Allentown Pride
1. Allentown Public Library ($500)
2. William Allen ($300)
3. The Burning Hearts ($200)
Copyright 2012 WFMZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
RHS color guard instructor charged in child sex abuse case
Wind hampers efforts to fight 5-alarm fire at motel in Muhlenberg
BBQ truck hearing sizzles in N. Whitehall Twp.
Driver killed when car hits tree on Route 10 in Berks
Reading police officer charged in theft of money evidence
Man killed when hit by minivan near airport
South Mall in Lehigh County being sold
Red Cross sets up shelter for motel fire victims
Feds: Schuylkill County firm attempted to smuggle machinery to Iran
Residents weigh in on Allentown's center city revitalization