Allentown announces Points of Pride parade prize winners
A dozen organizations will receive prize money for their award-winning performances in Saturday's Points of Pride Parade.
The parade was part of Allentown's 250th Anniversary celebration.
Seventeen marching bands and 16 floats participated in the parade and nearly 2,500 people marched in the event.T
On Thursday, the city announced the following prize winners:
1. Kutztown ($500)
2. Parkland ($300)
3. William Allen ($200)
1. Lehigh Valley Child Care ($500)
2. Lehigh Valley Heritage Museum ($250)
2. Zion’s “Liberty Bell” Church and Museum ($250)
Best Representation of a Historical Event
1. Zion’s “Liberty Bell” Church and Museum ($500)
2. U.S. Army Fife and Drum Corps ($300)
3. Lehigh Valley Heritage Museum ($200)
Most Allentown Pride
1. Allentown Public Library ($500)
2. William Allen ($300)
3. The Burning Hearts ($200)
Copyright 2012 WFMZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Officials: Fire that destroyed HS football equipment suspicious
Hershey unveils new logo
Body found in Allentown; death investigated as being 'suspicious'
Police: Child in critical condition after falling from window
Man takes car for test drive, doesn't come back, police say
Walmart evacuated for possible gas leak
Man hit by car in Berks Co. while walking along road
Part of vacant building crumbles; pieces fall on sidewalk
Grief counselors at school after 3 students die in crash
Police: Man grazed by bullet in Allentown, refuses treatment